A CALL TO SALVATION
By Joan Emery
Have you ever been challenged to commit your life to Jesus Christ?
The Bible calls this salvation. It has been said that . . .
The Bible is a Book about real people
with real problems
who found God
found God’s direction
and found God’s strength to overcome.
- The most important decision we can make in life is to accept
God’s free gift of salvation. There are many important decisions to be made during the course of our life, but this decision is the greatest because, not only does it affect us in this world, but it also determines our eternal destination.
- The positive outcome, “And this is life eternal, that they might know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom You have sent (John 17:3 ).
- The negative outcome, “How shall we escape if we neglect this great salvation . . . ?” (Hebrews 2:3 ).
- When we are truly converted in our heart, we enter into a living, loving relationship with the very God Who created us.
- So, “Today, if you will hear His voice, don’t harden your heart . . .” (Hebrews 3:7-8 & Hebrews 4:7 ).
- To receive Jesus into our heart and life we have to repent of our sin (our wrong doings), and ask Him to come and take up residence inside of us.
- You can do that anywhere. You don’t need a minister, a pastor or a priest to lead you in a sinner’s prayer.
Pray this prayer NOW, TODAY:
“Dear Lord Jesus,
I’m sorry for all the things I have done wrong: for the way I have turned my back on You, for the people I have hurt, for the people I have cheated. Lord, I ask You to come into my heart TODAY. Take my life and make it clean on the inside. I ask You to be my Lord and Saviour. Help me now to live for You, to the glory of God. Amen.”