Helping You To Think More Clearly About The Vision
Of Your Church Or Ministry
(A Paper to be Discussed Amongst Your Leadership Team)
Church/Ministry's Name: _______________________________________________
Senior Leader's Name: ________________________________________________
Elders/Board Members Names: _________________________________________
1. Do you know what the “Prophetic Foundation” of your church/ministry is?
(That is, the reason why God wanted it started in the first place?)
Why does it exist?
2. How would you describe your church/ministry?
Do you have a clear written vision statement?
Is it loving and friendly?
3. What would you say is the main focus of your church/ministry at present? Is it to:
4. Would you call your church/ministry:
5. In your estimation, what would you perceive the strengths of the church/ministry to be?
Do others see and know that strength?
6. In your estimation, what would you perceive the weaknesses of the church/ministry to be?
7. Would you want to change anything from the present set-up?
If your answer is Yes, how would you go about making those changes?
8. Where, do you believe, does God want the church/ministry to go to from here?
(How can it improve?)
What do you see as the major hindrances to fulfilling your future destiny?
9. As an Elder/Leader, what is your function in your church/ministry?
Can you clearly describe your own gift-mix?
10. Is your main contribution Spiritual? Pastoral? or Administrative?
(Do any adjustments need to be made?)
Are you functioning in your God-given gifting, or have other things crowded that out?
11. Do you know how your fellow Elders/Leaders rate you?
(That is, Have you allowed them to appraise your effectiveness as an Elder/Leader?)
12. Why are you an Elder/Leader in your church/ministry?
Are you in your position because you like the position, or because it is your calling?
13. Do you carry a personal vision for your own life and ministry?
Can you write it down in no more than two sentences? (Habakkuk 2:2-4).
14. Do you have a vision for your church/ministry for next year? . . . and beyond?
What is it? (Proverbs 29:18).
15. How well do you relate to - and work with - the other Elders/Leaders in the ministry?
Are you a team person, or a “lone ranger”? (Even the Lone Ranger needed Tonto!)
16. What ministry subjects need to be taught to your people next year?
What would be the three most important?
17. Is there the need for any new concepts to be introduced?
If so, what would they be?
18. Is there a need to close down any of the current church or ministry activities
(because they are not producing fruit)?
There is a need for real honesty here, for it can be seen as a failure if we close something down that we have faithfully stuck with over the years. But if it is not producing fruit, then why keep propping it up?
19. Is there a need for any new ministries to be introduced into the church/ministry?
What do you think they are?
20. Does your church/ministry excite you with the possibilities that lay ahead?
(And, do YOU impart that excitement to the people already in your church/ministry)?
Are you taking others with you in that excitement and vision you carry?
As an Elder/Leader you have to lead the way! Make sure that those following you can clearly see where you are going.
I do pray that you have found this Discussion Paper to be helpful to you and your leaders, and that your vision as to where God is desiring to take you is much clearer than before. Capture your vision so that you can fulfil it! God bless you. - Rodney W. Francis.
"Do You Know And Understand The Prophetic Foundation Of Your Life And Your Church?" and “Capture Your Vision!” (By Rodney W. Francis). Available from "The GFM."